Every contractor (including subcontractors) working in Riverside must be registered with the Village. The following is required:
- Contractor's license application and $100 licensing fee (valid for 1 year)
- $10,000 surety bond in the name of the Village of Riverside
- Certificate of Insurance showing general liability and workman's compensation (if required by State) with the Village of Riverside listed as the certificate holder
- A copy of the State license for relevant trades (roofers, etc.)
- Note: Plumbers and Fire Sprinkler contractors need only supply the State license and the contractor's license application form. There is no fee for registration.
Contractor License Application - must upload insurance & bond to submit
Contractor License Application (PDF)
Waste Contractor License Application (PDF)
Contractor and Sub-Contractor Requirements (PDF)
There is a penalty for starting any work without a current contractor's license and/or building permit. License and Permit Fees will be doubled and multiple violations may result in a contractor's license being revoked.
Village employees cannot make recommendations or referrals for contractors. However, we can provide a list of currently registered contractors by trade.
If you want to verify that your contractor has a current license, please call the Community Development Department at 708-447-1241.
Tips for Working in Riverside
Information for Landscapers and Tree Trimming (PDF)
Information for Contractors (Building) (PDF)