Outdoor Dining Areas
Outdoor dining areas are allowed as temporary uses on Village rights-of-way or other Village-owned or leased property in any Business Zoning District of the Village only upon approval by the Board of Trustees and based upon the standards set forth under Section 7-4-14 of the Village Code. Some of the requirements include:
- The operation of outdoor dining shall be permitted only between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- The applicant must apply for a building permit and agree to enter into a lease or license agreement for the use of the right-of-way or other property, sign a hold harmless agreement prepared by the Village, and submit to the Village evidence of general liability insurance including the Village as a named insured and insuring the Village against any liability within the outdoor dining area.
- In no case shall the operation of the dining area reduce the open portion of public and private sidewalk to less than five feet (5') clear of all obstructions.
- All maintenance and upkeep of the public right-of-way or other Village-owned or leased property associated with the operation of the dining area shall be the responsibility of the owner of such dining area.
- All outdoor furnishings shall be designed to withstand a wind pressure of not less than thirty (30) pounds per square foot.
- Tables to be placed within the Village right-of-way shall not have a surface area greater than nine (9) square feet, shall be easily removable and may not impede safe pedestrian movement.
- Materials and finishes shall be selected for their durability and wear as well as for their appearance. Proper measures shall be taken to correct damage or decline due to the elements, neglect, or abuse.