At their August 15, 2019 Regular Meeting, the Village Board of Trustees unanimously approved the purchase of 43 East Quincy Street for use by the Riverside Parks and Recreation Department. The acquisition of this property will allow the Parks & Recreation Department to:
• Offer WSSRA programs in Riverside;
• Expand childcare options;
• Expand adult fitness classes;
• Expand youth programming;
• Expand senior programming; and
• Accommodate additional facility rentals.
The Water Tower will continue to have programming and will become the Early Childhood Campus. The Department will now be able to expand the KinderKids Program by offering KinderKids Junior, in addition to Early Childhood Classes throughout the day. An Early Childhood Day Time Play Time drop-in program will also be offered. These new programs will be available to WSSRA participants and inclusion aids will be provided.