Frederick Law Olmsted designed the parks in Riverside to provide changing vistas for both pedestrians and vehicles. His plan can be better realized by reducing shrub overgrowth, eliminating weeds and opening up the river view. Join us as we tame, and then maintain, the public parks of Riverside.
Due to the pandemic, RSVPs are required at least 24 hours in advance. Participants must wear masks at all times and social distance. RSVP by calling Mike Collins at 708-442-3590 x502 or click here to email the forester.
All workdays are scheduled for Saturdays from 9am-12pm. Look for the Riverside Public Works dump truck. Come for an hour or three, whatever your schedule allows. Supervised children are welcome. Service hour credits are available. Bring your favorite work gloves & a water bottle.
LANDSCAPE WORKDAY COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
PHASE 4: A BRIDGE TO PHASE 5
- Contact the Village Forester by email or telephone at least 24 hours in advance to confirm your interest in participating.
- Workday participants are limited to a maximum of 50 people.
- Participants are required to sign the Village's liability waiver prior to the beginning of the work day.
- Participants must wear masks throughout the duration of the event.
- Participants must make every effort to socially distance from each other.
- Participants are encouraged to wear gloves during the event.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own tools for the event and be the only persons to use them. Alternately, if Village tools are used the participants should use the same tools throughout the duration of the event and avoid interchanging them with others. Tools must be sanitized at the conclusion of the event.
- Participants must bring their own beverages. Single serving snacks may be provided during break only. Sanitizer will be utilized prior to serving snacks to participants to safeguard against surface transmission.
- Anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or knowingly has been in contact with a person exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms is prohibited from participating in the workday.
- If, at any time during the Workday, safety concerns are observed or expressed, the Workday must be cancelled immediately.
- The Village of Riverside reserves the right to cancel or modify the protocols for any future Workdays for any reason at its sole discretion.