News Flash Home
The original item was published from 12/14/2021 11:47:00 AM to 1/1/2022 12:00:03 AM.
Trending in Riverside
Posted on: October 20, 2021
[ARCHIVED] COVID Guidance for Winter Holidays
- The COVID-19 vaccines are by far the best way to protect yourself and your loved ones from the virus, and anyone who isn’t vaccinated should get one as soon as possible to be protected for the holidays. That includes children now that 5-11 year olds are now eligible for the Pfizer vaccine.
- Fully vaccinated people can gather with others who have been fully vaccinated without restrictions.
- The indoor mask mandate for public settings remains in effect for Chicago and Illinois. While this applies in public settings, if you are gathering with people outside your immediate circle or with people who are medically fragile, you should consider wearing a mask.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you should consider not attending gatherings over the holidays. If you plan to do so, we encourage you to take a COVID test before the gathering, as well as mask and social distance when possible. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays/celebrations.html
- If you are sick or experiencing any COVID- or flu-like symptoms you should NOT attend any gatherings, even if you are vaccinated.
- Fully vaccinated people can travel for the holidays.
- Individuals who are not vaccinated should consider delaying travel until fully vaccinated. If traveling is a necessity, unvaccinated people should follow the CDPH Travel Advisory guidelines.
- These guidelines are in place to ensure safety among families during the Holidays. Do your part and encourage others to protect themselves and their loved ones by getting vaccinated. To learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine and booster doses, visit chi.gov/covidvax .