Welcome to Mental Health Monday! We will share local mental health resources on the 2nd Monday of each month.
Did you know:
- 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year
- 1 in 20 U.S. adults experience serious mental illness each year
- 1 in 6 U.S. youth aged 6-17 experience a mental health disorder each year
- 50% of all lifetime mental illness begins by age 14, and 75% by age 24
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among people aged 10-34
Mental Health is an important topic to talk about. One place to look to for help is the local affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). NAMI Metro Suburban is a grassroots family and consumer self-help support, education and advocacy organization dedicated to improving the lives of people, families and communities affected by mental illness in the western suburbs of Cook County. Visit online at https://namimetsub.org/