As the Village of Riverside observes the month of September as National Suicide Prevention + Action Month, please take note of the valuable local resources available to support both the individuals in mental health crisis and those with loved ones in crisis.
This week we would like to spotlight the Mental Health First Aid USA class offered by our local chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).
Mental Health First Aid USA is an evidence based class designed to teach adults how to help support an individual who maybe experiencing a Mental Health Crisis or Substance use disorders.
Why Take Mental Health First Aid?
- Identify, understand, and respond to signs of Mental Health/Substance use disorders
- Learn risk factors and warning signs
- Showing a person who has a mental health condition that they are not alone
- Become confident in assisting someone in crisis
- Build a better understanding of Mental Health/Substance use disorders impact
For more information contact: