Have you recently purchased or plan to purchase a new or used all-electric vehicle from an Illinois licensed dealer? You may be eligible for a rebate under the Electric Vehicle Rebate Program.
- A $4,000 rebate for the purchase of an all-electric vehicle that is not an electric motorcycle.
- A $1,500 rebate for the purchase of an all-electric motorcycle.
Purchasers must apply for the rebate during an open rebate cycle and within 90-days of vehicle purchase. The next rebate cycle opens on November 1, 2022. Applications must be submitted by January 31, 2023.
Application forms will be available here during open rebate cycles.
Eligibility requirements for an EV rebate in Illinois include, but are not limited to:
- The purchaser must reside in Illinois at the time of vehicle purchase and when the rebate is issued.
- The vehicle must be purchased from a dealer licensed by the Illinois Secretary of State.
- Rented or leased vehicles do not qualify for the rebate.
- The vehicle cannot have been the subject of a previous EV rebate under this new program in Illinois.
- The rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price of the vehicle.
- The purchaser must retain ownership of the vehicle for a minimum of 12 consecutive months immediately after the purchase date.
- The purchaser must apply for the rebate within 90-days after the vehicle purchase date.
- Documentation requirements include a copy of the purchase invoice, proof of purchase, vehicle registration, and IRS W-9 or W-8 forms.
Please see the application for documentation requirements. EV rebates issued for applications received in a funding cycle are subject to the availability of funds.