Riverside Police Department’s Officer Johnson is a certified child safety seat technician. He is available to help with installing your car seat or checking to ensure your car seat is installed properly. He can also provide guidance to parents about the appropriate type of car seat or booster for a child.
You can make an appointment with Officer Johnson by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 708-447-2127.
Keep these Child Passenger Safety Tips in mind when traveling with your children:
- The life of a car seat typically ranges from six to 10 years; be sure to identify the expiration date set by the manufacturer of the seat being used.
- Recalls for child seat manufacturers for the past 10 years can be found here
- Air bags can save the lives of older children and adults, but they can be fatal for young children when not seated correctly, particularly in the front seat; never place a rear-facing car seat in a front seat near an air bag.
- Always read instructions provided by the vehicle and car seat manufacturers for properly securing children in all seating positions.
- If you're pregnant, schedule a car seat installation with a certified child passenger safety technician before the child is born.
- Children should ride in the back seat at least through age 12.
- If your kids complain about wearing seat belts, don't negotiate; don't drive off until they buckle up.
For more information on child passenger safety, visit: