Has the Village replaced your water meter yet? If not, you will eventually be hearing from the Public Works Department as they work their way through the Village. Beginning in late 2022, the Village embarked on its Water Meter Replacement Program. As the program continues into 2024, please see the following reminders about the billing process following your meter replacement:
- On the first bill received following your meter replacement, a past due balance will appear. Please note that this is not an overdue amount; rather, it is the remnant usage from your old meter before it was replaced.
- The due date for all bills following the meter replacement will be on even months.
- You will also notice that bills received after the meter replacement will have a different account number. This means that residents with an Invoice Cloud account (online bill payment) will need to add the new meter account number to their profile to see future invoices.
- Residents with alerts previously setup through Invoice Cloud (online bill payment) will have to turn these back on.
- Residents that use bill pay through their bank will need to make sure the new account number is entered to avoid delays in processing payments.
- Setting up automatic payments must be completed at Village Hall, where staff will have residents provide a voided check and complete a form.