News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/16/2017 11:14:24 AM to 12/1/2017 12:10:00 AM.
Posted on: June 16, 2017
[ARCHIVED] Project Update: First Division Sewer Separation
Entire Construction Area:
- All trees within construction limits have been pruned as needed.
- Tree protection has been established.
- Perimeter erosion barriers have been installed at the outfall locations.
- All sanitary service and water main adjustments were completed.
- New sanitary sewer and manholes were installed at the Millbridge and Barrypoint intersection and 217 Millbridge (in roadway).
- New storm sewer installation was completed.
- All requested private storm sewer stubs were installed.
- Restoration process has started by preparing for new curb installation and temporary patching.
- Outfall #3 was installed at the Des Plaines River.
- Sanitary sewer manholes were replaced near the outfall.
- Mainline storm sewer installation is underway along Fairbank.
Two Week Outlook
- Complete concrete curb and gutter and exposed aggregate sidewalk restoration.
- Complete temporary asphalt pavement patching along all trenches.
- Install topsoil and sod along disturbed parkways (weather permitting).
- Continue mainline storm sewer installation on Fairbank, Barrypoint, and Bloomingbank. Detours will be set up diverting traffic away from construction zones.
- Begin sanitary sewer installation on Bloomingbank Rd.
- Begin storm sewer installation on (east) Scottswood.
- Begin sanitary sewer replacement on (east) Scottswood.